• Lee Johnson as Speedie Ryan
• Olivia Byrnes as Abbie Crayn
• Alex Byrnes as coffeeshop guy
• Direction by Vanessa Query
• Camera by Vanessa Query
• Boom operation by Rosemary Byrnes
• the streets and sidewalks of Yellow Springs, Ohio
• Emporium Wines and the Underdog Cafe
• more montage, more scene 2, scene 4
• 1.5-hour production day, 1 hour of footage
Scene 4 was the hardest scene for Lee, so he’s grateful it’s out of the way. It went very well. It was the first time I did focused, specific line-readings for a lot of the lines, instead of just letting the dialogue flow. (I’m sure that’s called something specific that film people know about.) It’s not as much of a natural-dialogue-flow as some of the other scenes.
The other small bits we did, just to finish off some montage and add in some drama to scene 2.
Then 4 of us cast and crew went to see Drag Me To Hell, the new Sam Raimi. I thought the last 10 or so years of watching movies with an eye toward filmmaking were bad; it’s roughly 1 million times worse when you’re actually making a movie rather than just wanting to.