“That is a reaction to a pre-existing binary that is always-already there. It’s the way our cultural ideology is set up–yes, you as an individual can technically think ‘outside’ of a binary, but that is not the default.”
“I go through people too quickly. It’s like how I eat ice cream. I’ve got this big bowl, I love it so much, I can’t get enough, I want to be eating it constantly, so I eat it too fast. And then it’s gone. And sometimes I eat so much so quickly it makes me sick. I can’t sleep.”
CHARLOTTE: I heard you were pregnant! Are you excited? When are you due? How are you feeling? Do you have morning sickness? My mom says you need to eat every 4 hours, and that will help the nausea.
RACHEL: No, that won’t help! Vitamin B6 will help with the morning sickness.
OLIVIA: I met someone and might have a thing going.
OLIVIA: It’s still too early to tell.
BOBBY: A nice boy?
OLIVIA: You got half of it right.
BOBBY: A mean boy?
- They Call Me Oystergirl (real food, natural movement, ancestral health, 2012–2016)
- Cranston Patch (as Vanessa Arnold, 2011–2012)
- Gadding About Yellow Springs (Yellow Springs News, 2010)
- Highlights from Insipid Missives (personal blog, 2001–2008)
a lot of these links are broken at this point. sorry. I’m going to try to find them at archive.org at some point.
- “Oystergirl’s Guide to Real Living” (2015–2017) – monthly column for The Montague Reporter
- Tasting San Juan with Spoon Food Tours (2014) – in About.com Caribbean Travel
- Dining Around San Juan During Saborea (2014) – in About.com Caribbean Travel
- Cortes ChocoBar: The Sweetest Shop in Old San Juan (2014) – in About.com Caribbean Travel
- Saborea: A Top Culinary Festival in Puerto Rico (2014) – in About.com Caribbean Travel
- Chasing Down Panama Hats in Old San Juan (2014) – in About.com Caribbean Travel
- Discover Mofongo, Puerto Rico’s Must-Try Food (2014) – in About.com Caribbean Travel
- Loving Lechon in Puerto Rico (2014) – in About.com Caribbean Travel – read the alternate ending here
- The Rhodes-Greene Historic Cemetery in Edgewood (2013) – in The Bridge (Pawtuxet Village Association) (fall 2013)
- Baby-Led Weaning: the traditional approach to solid food (2013) – in Wild Child zine #3
- A Critique of a Critique of Extended Breastfeeding (2012) – in Wild Child zine #2
- My birth story, a.k.a., ‘look what I made” (2011) – in Wild Child zine #1
- Window (2009) – in mental shoes 011
- Confessional (2007) – in mental shoes 010
- Steaming little-neck clams (2008) – in mental shoes 004
- Theft, part one (2009) – in mental shoes 002
- Bridge (2009) – in mental shoes 001 and Finery #7
- Antioch College Board Pro Tempore Meet in Yellow Springs (2009; with Eva Erickson) – in the Nonstop Record
- Nonstop Nomadic Again: Building permit issue stymies Nonstop occupancy (2009) – in the Nonstop Record
- Black Mesa Indigenous Support Trip (2008-9) – in the PackratNest
- Porn chic for women and girls (2006) – in Carnival of Feminists 22 and GDM Worldwide
- Hassle-Free Sex! (2005) – in Finery #3
- Nestlé UK’s Yorkie Is Not For Girls (2004) was the subject of an interview I did with the Wall Street Journal; the article apparently, not surprisingly, never ran.
- Soapboxgirls – Back when The Boss Of You blog was the Soapboxgirls e-zine, I was featured several times in 2001 & 2002 (archives unavailable).